Monday, August 4, 2008

Vacation in Vermont

We were off again for a last minute vacation. We had planned a few weeks ago to go up to my Grandparent's house in Vermont. Our plan was to leave July 29th and return August 3. But Jeff had taken July 21-25 because he was sick. So we figured we would try to go up another time, before the kids go back to school(August 25th and 27). Wednesday Jeff went to work and his boss said there wasn't much work so he could go. I got a phone call from him at 1:00 to start packing. I packed and we were on the ride in a few hours. It takes 5 hours to get there so I figured they could take there naps then. As we got close the Riana got very cranky. I took out the portable DVD player. It WOULDN"T read the disc. I was so mad. But we made do without it. We got there at 8:30 pm.
While we were there, I found a toad. Trinity was the only brave one to touch it. She wouldn't kiss it to see if it turned into a Prince. Riana loved to play outside. It did rain everyday. Jeff and I were lucky to go to the Movies twice! My Grandparents watched the girls for us. We saw X-Files and The Dark Knight. The kids were good.
Shayla didn't complain about the ride there. She kept busy with little things that I had brought. I am so happy to have the room in the mini van.
On the way home, we left at 8:30 am. Shayla and Trinity slept some of the way. Riana did not! We stopped at the Cider Mill and at McDonald's for lunch. We made good time. It was nice to get away. Today Shayla and Trinity started Vacation Bible School. It is for the week from 9-12. I was able to unpack and get 2 loads of laundry done. It is nice to get away but always nice to be home.

1 comment:

mom2four said...

How fun! I wish David's family was a little closer, that extra 3 or 4 hours makes a BIG difference!!