Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tick-Tick here, Tick-Tick there, Everywhere a tick!

My morning started off at 7:45. Trin was in our bed again after I had already walked her to her own bed in the middle of the night. When she came back into our bed, Haven't a clue. Give her and Shay breakfast. Riana wakes up a half hour later and I notice a black spot on her eyelid. Try to brush it off but it doesn't move. Now I have to check it out. I grab the flashlight and magnifyne glass. But before I can check it out she makes me look at her teeth, ears, belly. Yup, it's a deer tick. The tiny ones! I call Corey to see if her mom (the expert tick remover) can do these little ones too. I call her mom but she isn't home. So I call the doctor's office because I think they are in on Saturdays. I get the answering service who says the office will be open in 15 mins so I leave my message. Walk into the Living room where Riana is eating her cereal. The tick is gone! So I call the dr. to cancel my message. The office says to mark it on the calendar and watch her for 3 weeks. Then I vacuum the living room.
We went to the birthday party in Shelton at 3:00. The kids played in the pool and had a great time. About 30 mins before we were ready to leave I saw a tiny tick walking up Riana's arm. What is it today with ticks?!! I find some bug spray in Jeff's car and spray the 3 kids.
When we get home I make the girls strip down so I can check for ticks. Riana is first, and is clear. Trinity is next and I find one on her back. Tiny little deer tick. Don't say anything, I tell myself. I don't want to freak her out. I check Shayla next, clear. Now to deal with the tick. I try the Dawn dish soap like I had been told to do years ago by the E.R. Not working or I'm not waiting long enough. So I go looking for the vaseline. I can't find it. Call down stairs to ask if Uncle Jimmy has any. As he is checking I find ours. This wasn't working either so it is up to the tweezers. I am so glad she can't see it. I get it out and clean the spot with alcohol, put antibiotic ointment and a band-aid. Now my calender says: Riana tick eye/ Trin tick back. What a great title I came up with for today's blog! You thought I was kidding,huh?Can we avoid Lyme Disease twice(almost 3 times) in one day? I pray we can.

No comments: