Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fun on the Farm

The kids and I went to a birthday party at a farm on Sunday. When we got there the kids got to play on the Playground. There was little houses and swings and see-saws. Lots of things to play on. A little while later we went for a horse-drawn wagon ride down the street. Most of the parents got to stay behind at the farm but I figured Riana would need me there. So it was 3 moms and 30 kids! All the kids thought it was just great that the horses pooped in the road. Then came the 20 questions: Why? Who was going to clean it up? Are we going to drive over it with our car? Can we go by it again?! 5 minutes into the 20 minute ride, I was wishing I took my allergy medicine. I was also hoping I had some in the van. I survived and went right to the van and found 1 tablet. Just enough and I started to feel better shortly after. After the ride it was time for cake. My kids didn't eat very much of it. I was surprised. They had a blast watching the animals. There were rabbits, ponies, goats and sheep. Amazingly, Trinity didn't have any mishaps with the animals. She has been chased by a large bird at the zoo, stuck her arm in the throat of a bull while feeding it, and bit by an ostrich! The kids had a great time and the 2 hours in the fresh air wore them out.



Trin playing on the junglegym.
Trinity sat with McKeena.
Shayla sat with Riana on the other side.
Look, I am in a picture!
The sheep were inside the barn and everytime the kids said "Baaa" the sheep would answer back. It was very funny. This went on for several mionutes until the farmer brought the sheep and goats hay so they came out of the barn.
This was Riana's reaction when the sheep answered. She made a surprised face and covered her mouth.
Shayla looking out for her baby sister. How sweet!

No comments: