Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Trin's First Day of School


Trinity's First Day of School was Monday. Yes it is still August. The 25th to be exact. She will go Mon, Wed, Fri from 8:30 to 12:30. We all got up on time and even got a few minutes of cartoons. Jeff had to go to work early so all the kids came with me. We walked around the front of the school to take the (top) picture. Then we went through the gate and took the (bottom) picture at the door. Guess who wanted to ring the doorbell? Everyone! So Trin rang it first and then Shayla. twice was enough and I figured Riana gets to do it all the time. We walked in and Trinity glanced towards her old classroom. She didn't recognize anyone so she turned right into her new classroom. I signed her in. We found her cubby. I put her spare clothes in the bin and put her "homework" on top. It was a star that told things about them like her favorite foods and activities. Also a paper doll that I, I mean, she colored to look like her. I saw she was fighting back tears. But her teacher asked her to come join circle after she gave me a kiss and hug. She found a spot next to a girl that she knew from last year. That was it I was out the door with Shayla and Riana following me.
I thought it must be hard to go to school when she knew the other 2 were coming home with me. I also thought how next year I will be sending her on the bus to Kindergarten . But Shayla will be there to sit with her and show her where to go. My next thought was Riana will be going to school in about 365 days. Then I will be free! For 4 hours at least. Two years after that, all 3 kids will be at the same school. That will be so nice but it will only happen for 1 year. Shayla will go to the new Middle school (they start building this week) for 6th grade.
Time to pick up Trin and I am about 1 minute late. She was waiting at the door of the classroom with a huge smile on her face. I wish I got the picture of that! She was excited and had a great first day. She told me they played outside and playdough and took a tour of the school. This year she has to be careful to go in the correct bathroom. It is now the first door for the girls instead of the second when her class was on the left. So she survived and now we will concur the 2nd day tomorrow. Last year that was a little harder for her to handle. I know she will want to get on that big yellow bus tomorrow when Shayla goes for her first day. Soon enough, little one.

2 comments:

mom2four said...

aww, I'm glad she had a nice first day. I know those first couple of days were hard for Caleb too, but now he enjoys it. Can't wait to hear how the next couple of days go :)

Infanttchr09 said...

I wish ALL parents would say goodbye and then make a semi fast exit. It just makes it hard on themselves, the teachers, and the child when they wait there. I know that someday I will have to deal with it first hand, but right now being on the teacher end, it's hard enough to calm a child down after a mommy or daddy leaves, parents please make it easier for all of us! :)