Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Labor Day 2008

Where has the month gone? 10 days into September and I haven't posted. I have a lot of catching up to do. I will start at Labor Day weekend:
Sunday afternoon we went to a friends house. We decided to do a "potluck type" picnic. We brought ribs and BBQ sauce. Thankfully, the grocery store had them Buy One Get One free. I also got an Apple Pie and Strawberry rhubarb pie. I also made sliced tomatoes and fresh mozzarella with basil and olive oil. So yummy. The kids played outside and went swimming in the pool. We didn't leave until 9 pm and the kids were tired out. We decide to take on another passenger. Our friends' son had asked to sleepover. So we came home, made everyone a snack and it was off to bed. This was the first time the kids had someone sleepover.
The next day we hit the zoo. It was a nice day and not too crowded. We met up with my friend Beth and her 2 kids, Blake and Bella. I found some coupons that I got when I bought my membership so I gave them to her. Here are the photos from the zoo:



Shayla and Blake being a peacock. Shayla found a long,green peacock feather later that day.
Trinity and Bella. Bella found a female peacock feather later that day.Shayla was helping Riana back up for another turn.
All the kids playing on a large log. They had fun going through the holes.



Trinity and Riana feeding the goats. Shayla was sitting in the stroller. There was no animal accidents.

No comments: