Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hoilday breakfast/Toys for Tots

Every year there is a Holiday Breakfast to benefit the Valley Toys for Tots. It is hosted by Jeff's barber. This is the first year I go. The past 2 years I have stayed home. 1 year I had just given birth 2 weeks before, the 2nd year she was only 1 and it was too cold for her outside. This year we went as a family. They serve Egg sandwiches with sausage or bacon, donuts and pastry, Hot chocolate, Bloody Marys and Screwdrivers! Did I mention it starts at 9 am? They have a 50 piece band. Santa comes and passes out bags with snacks and prizes in it to every child. The fee for all this wonderful festive cheer is an unwrapped toy for the local Toy for Tots program.

When we got there it was snowing. It looked beautiful. Then it turned to rain and sleet. Not so fun. The kids had fun with this rock. I don't understand why it was so great. This is Trinity laying in the mud. I had to wash her snow suit twice to get it clean.

Here are the 3 girls, with the rock.
Santa comes on a wagon and each kid gets to sit on his lap. Trinity did a great job.


Shayla got a little shy and couldn't think of anything. She has a list at home I am sure. Riana sat at the end of the wagon and didn't want to get any closer.
We left after the kids saw Santa because it was cold and hailing. One last picture I took was of all the toys that were gathered....This is the front porch, filled to the brim.

No comments: