Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our Weekend Getaway

Thursday Jeff decided we should go away for the weekend. We decided to go to Mystic, CT. It is about an hour away. I started calling hotels. Our favorite one was booked but I found one for Saturday night a few miles away in Groton.Friday, we decided to leave that night. With in an hour and a half we were in the car and going. We got there at 7:30pm. Unpacked and all of us went swimming. The kids loved it! Even Riana. She did a cute half jump into the pool. Saturday we had breakfast at the hotel and then more swimming for the older two while Riana and I did some food shopping. We went to the Aquarium in the afternoon. Sunday we decided to stay another day. We went on an old Steam Train. That brought us to a Riverboat. Then after our ride back tot he train to bring us to our car. The kids really loved it. Monday Jeff brought the kids swimming while I packed the room. I was done in a half hour with out any "helpers." So what we planned as an overnight, turned into a great weekend of 3 nights away. Here are some of the pictures from the weekend:
While on vacation we got a special visitor: The Tooth Fairy! Shayla and Jeff were wrestling and his thumb got caught under her loose tooth and out it popped!
Riana in the hotel room and Shayla and Trin in the mirror.
Trinity and Shayla watching TV. They were supposed to sleep in this bed but Jeff got one bed. I slept with Shayla or Trinity in the other and Riana got the pack and play. Glad she didn't try to climb out. She is able to climb out of the regular playpen for months now. Who ever didn't sleep w/ me slept on the floor. They like to "campout" on the floor at home.

Jeff and I at the Aquarium Watching the Sea Lion Show. The only picture of the both of us.
Shayla and Riana watching the Beluga Whale.
A picture of all three in one shot. Next to the sharks.
Shayla, Trinity and I on the Steam Train. The kids were excited to be on an old fashion train.
Jeff and Riana on the train. Riana liked the windows!

2 comments:

mom2four said...

aww, to cute. Sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend getaway :) fun.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Shayla! I loved visits from the tooth fairy. Sounds like he pays more for teeth now, than when I was losing them. I hope you find Snugglebear!! :( I have a blanket from when I first born and if I ever lost it, I would be devistated I think.