Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter project


I wanted something new for my bedroom. I have gotten tired of the wallpaper that I have had since we moved it. But BOY what a project it turned in to.
Thursday I started ripping down the wallpaper. The top part (stripes) came down with out any problems. The bottom part (green) was horrible. I read on line that I could use Dish soap and warm water to remove the glue and backing. That did help but I don't think I will be using wallpaper again for a LONG time, if ever! The first color I picked was too dark so I went for a lighter color. It is called Sensual Silver. Not to be confused with Centrum Silver.
I also needed to repaint the trim and base boards. I also painted the doors to my room and closet, and the two cubby hole doors. They really needed it. I had to work Saturday morning so my painting had to wait.
When I had one wall left I let the kids draw on the wall. I told them this was the ONLY time they were able to write on the walls. They were so excited. They drew pictures and wrote their names. Then I painted over it. I finished Sunday night. Now I love my new room!!





1 comment:

mom2four said...

awesome, it looks great! A new clean slate ;) I love that!