Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Shayla's First Communion

May 2nd
Shayla was very excited for her 1st Communion. Any time she spoke to someone she would ask them if they were coming to her communion. There were 71 kids split between 2 time slots. I picked the 12:00 knowing it would take awhile to get everyone ready. Here she is in the basement of the church waiting to go upstairs. She wasn't nervous about reading a part of the prayer in front of a packed church.

After mass we all went to her favorite place to eat... the Chinese Buffet. This was Dawn's idea. A brilliant one at that. I thought this would be better than having it outside at home. Then I would have less to worry about, like the weather(which was rainy), how much food to get, who to invite and who to leave off the list. So we had a family party at the restaurant. I had them reserve a section for us so we had a whole area to ourselves.
Those who attended were: Shayla, Me, Jeff, Trin, Riana, Jeff's mom Linda, My mom Sue(from Minnesota), My Grandparents (from Vermont), Uncle Jimmy and Rita, Bobby, Dawn(from New Jersey), and Tara.
Here she is after the party. She even kept her dress clean!
I am sure this is a glimpse at her future as a bride.
God Bless Shayla.

No comments: